Monday, August 31, 2015

TWO WEEKS AWAY

Well, we're off to the mainland tomorrow, and just as well- it's been really hot and humid here- over 30 deg C with 90+% humidity every day for the last month. Hope that's not the new normal due to global warming.
The latest things I've been making are large fermentation jars; people here are making their own sauerkraut, and pickling jars are hard to find, or expensive to ship. So I'm starting to throw big things (for me) again, so far 10 lbs of clay has been my limit. Also some new teapots, trying some different handles. I'm not too happy with commercial bamboo handles, and came across an image of a pot that had these interesting lugs to hold onto bent wood handles. So I tried to bend some wood in our steam oven- and it worked. Can't wait to see what the finished product looks like!
Jars- 15" and 12" high, app 8" dia

Teapots, 7" high

No comments:

Post a Comment